Plan Now, Play Later – Virtual Tourism in Idaho Visit Idaho invites followers to virtually experience the Gem State until it is safe to travel again.BOISE, Idaho (April 17, 2020)—Visit Idaho has pressed pause on promoting travel to the Gem State and instead invites followers to virtually experience Idaho while they are at home. With COVID-19 consuming today’s news and social media feeds, Visit Idaho is bringing some much-needed fun and inspiration to followers with its “At Home In Idaho” web page. The health and safety of Idahoans, and all Americans is at the top of Visit Idaho’s priorities. As traveling isn’t a safe option right now, Visit Idaho has created an online resource with an assortment of activities that encourage everyone to dream about and plan their future vacations now for when it’s safe to travel again. Followers can virtually experience the beauty and uniqueness of Idaho from home through a variety of online travel inspiration materials and activities:
- The “Stay Home. Stay Healthy” video urges everyone to prioritize their health and safety and reminds travelers that Idaho will be here waiting to welcome them when the time is right.
- Download and print Idaho-themed coloring pages, crossword puzzles, mad libs and word searches. (Coloring pages designed by Idaho artist Kate Peterson, The Dapper Jackalope.)
- Download Zoom backgrounds featuring some of Idaho’s most picturesque landscapes for your virtual meetings and gatherings with friends and family.
- Explore interactive videos of Idaho places and attractions. (Also available on the Visit Idaho Youtube Channel.)
- Spotify playlist featuring songs about Idaho and by Idaho artists.
- Virtual Idaho museum tours.
- Web cameras capturing live views from Idaho landmarks and destinations.