Horsethief Reservoir is a fun place to spend a hot summer weekend. Idaho Department of Fish and Game keeps the reservoir well-stocked with beautiful trout, so fishing is always excellent. There are endless back roads and trails in the surrounding area to explore and the reservoir has a developed campground.
Things To Know
- To fish in Idaho any person 14 years of age or older must have a valid fishing license.
- Horsethief is a no wake lake with a 5-mph speed limit.
- Boats may have any size motor, but wakes are not allowed.
- Bag limits at Horsethief are 6 trout (brown, rainbows), 6 kokanee, and 25 brook trout.
- Directions: Just north of the city of Cascade, turn east on the Warm Lake Highway and travel 6 miles to the Horsethief Reservoir turnoff on the south side of the road; then travel 3 miles south to the reservoir.
- Additional information can be found here.
Adventure In Your Inbox
Want more Fishing adventures like this delivered straight to your inbox? Sign up below for new adventures monthly.