The South Fork of the Snake River below Palisades Dam features world-class blue-ribbon trout fishing in a gorgeous, roadless canyon. However, fishing isn’t the only activity along this stretch of river as great wildlife spotting opportunities can also occur.
Things To Know
- Learn more about the river and it's surroundings here.
- Season: Summer
- Rating: Class 2 - 2+
- Class 2 - Small waves and riffles: easy navigation
- Trip length: 1 day, up to 43 miles
- Information about camping along the river available here.
- What to bring, wear, and know available here.
- No matter the Class, all moving water presents some risk. Always wear a life vest and remember to raft responsibly. Also consider using one of the many experienced outfitters when enjoying Idaho's rivers.
Adventure In Your Inbox
Want more Fishing adventures like this delivered straight to your inbox? Sign up below for new adventures monthly.