· Check the National Park Service website for hours of operation and other visitor information. The visitor center is open to the public only during the summer on Fridays, Saturdays, and Sunday. Trails are open year-round.
· Wear sturdy footwear and bring water. There is little to no shade at the site.
· The site is located on a county road and may not be well maintained during winter weather. Check road conditions before traveling.
· There is no fee to enter the Historic Site.
· Pets are not permitted on the walking trails or inside the visitor center. Pets should never be left unattended in vehicles.
There's so much to explore in Idaho, but where should you begin? Check out our weekly travel tips and start planning your next adventure.