This enormous limestone cave situated high above Bear Lake features a half-mile of fascinating stalactites, stalagmites, and banded travertine within nine rooms. It also serves as a sanctuary for several bat species. Guided tours are offered mid-June through Labor Day.
Things To Know
- When you visit Minnetonka Cave, DO NOT bring anything—including clothing—that has been in another cave. This includes hats, shoes, belts, jewelry, cameras, backpacks, cell phones, purses, etc. This precaution is in place to protect the native bats from White Nose Syndrome.
- Guided tours begin around Memorial Day.
- Credit Cards not accepted, cash or check only.
- Be sure to bring warm clothing as the interior of the cave is around 40 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Family passes and group discounts are available. Call ahead to reserve group tours for 15 or more people.
Adventure In Your Inbox
Want more Natural Attractions adventures like this delivered straight to your inbox? Sign up below for new adventures monthly.