Things To Know
- Length: 132 miles. Allow 2 1/2 hours.
- Location: Beginning at the intersection of Interstate 15 and Idaho 33 at exit 143, follow Idaho 33 about 12 miles west to its junction with Idaho 28 and then take Idaho 28 northwest for 120 miles to Salmon.
- Roadway: Two-lane paved roads with areas for passing. Watch for icy conditions and snow drifts in winter.
- When to Visit: Throughout the year. Summer months afford easier travel while spectacular fall colors are best viewed late September through October.
- Attractions: The Continental Divide, Charcoal Kilns and Meadow Lake, and Sacajawea Interpretive, Cultural & Educational Center.
- Places to Stop: Full services in Salmon; partial services in Terreton, Mud Lake, Lone Pine, Lemhi and Tendoy.
Tips for Traveling in Idaho
There's so much to explore in Idaho, but where should you begin? Check out our weekly travel tips and start planning your next adventure.