Things To Know
- Most birds leave the refuge in November when the area starts to freeze.
- Hawks and bald eagles can be found wintering at the refuge.
- May and June are prime times to see lots of wildlife.
- Hiking trails and a walking path are available seasonally.
- Cross-country skiing and snowshoeing are allowed during the winter.
- Pets must be leashed.
- No camping.
- At times, large portions of the refuge may be closed to the public to minimize disturbance to wildlife, particularly during nesting seasons.
Tips for Traveling in Idaho
There's so much to explore in Idaho, but where should you begin? Check out our weekly travel tips and start planning your next adventure.