Things To Know
- To fish in Idaho any person 14 years of age or older must have a valid fishing license.
- No bait allowed, one barbless hook per fly or lure.
- December 1 through March 31 – trout limit is 0, catch-and-release.
- April 1 through Friday before Memorial Day weekend – closed to fishing.
- Saturday of Memorial Day weekend through November 30 – trout limit two, none under 20 inches.
- Trout limit is two, none under 14 inches.
- To reach the South Fork, head north from Mountain Home on U.S. 20 to Anderson Ranch Dam Road. Cross the dam and head downstream.
- Find more information here.
Tips for Traveling in Idaho
There's so much to explore in Idaho, but where should you begin? Check out our weekly travel tips and start planning your next adventure.