Wallace and the surrounding area are recognized as the richest silver mining district on earth having produced 1.2 billion ounces since 1884. Hop on the Sierra Silver Mine trolley in downtown Wallace and dig a little deeper into these rich mountains and their storied past. On the tour, an experienced miner guides you through the main drift of an actual underground silver mine. Exhibits and demonstrations of mining equipment present historic and modern techniques used to mine silver, gold, lead, zinc, and copper. Your guide will share his experiences as a hard-rock miner in the Coeur d’Alene District. The stories, demonstrations, and exhibits included in the Sierra Silver Mine Tour are entertaining and educational for visitors of all ages and interests.
Things To Know
- Group rates available for 10 or more people with advance purchase.
- The AAA discount is offered.
- Tour length: 1 hour and 15 minutes
- Bring your camera and a light jacket as the mine temperature is around 50° degrees F (10 C).
- Purchase tickets by phone: (800) 979-3370 or online
Adventure In Your Inbox
Want more Ghost/Mining Towns adventures like this delivered straight to your inbox? Sign up below for new adventures monthly.