Bruneau Dunes State Park is the perfect destination for a road trip adventure. This state park boasts the highest single-structured dune in North America. In addition to the sandy waves, Bruneau is home to Idaho’s largest observatory. Hike over miles of dunes, gaze at the stars, climb the 470-foot dune, or rent a sandboard and surf the family-friendly sandy waves.
Things To Know
- Entrance fee to all of Idaho’s State Parks is $5 per vehicle, with additional fees for camping.
- Bruneau Dunes State Park's Visitor Center rents sandboards for $15 per day.
- Pets must be kept on a leash no longer than six-feet or confined to a camper.
- Please don't pick the flowers. Wildlife and vegetation are protected in all Idaho State Parks.
- Plan on wearing shoes you don't mind filling with sand.
- Onsite amenities include showers, flush toilets, dump stations, equestrian campground and trails. Access to facilities and water is dependent on weather and winterization, typically November-March.
Adventure In Your Inbox
Want more Hiking & Backpacking adventures like this delivered straight to your inbox? Sign up below for new adventures monthly.