Things To Know
- Trailhead begins at Redfish Lake Creek Canyon Trailhead.
- Most hikers choose to begin with a boat shuttle across Redfish Lake to the Inlet Campground. Boat rides shuttle from Redfish Lodge.
- Self-administered wilderness permits are required and available at the trailhead.
- The route to Saddleback is not an official Forest Service trail, so no maps are available.
- The end of the trail is considered difficult and dangerous though widely popular.
- Dogs must be on a leash between July 1 and Labor Day.
- Additional information on the area can be found here.
- Additional information on the hike to Elephant's Perch can be found here.
Tips for Traveling in Idaho
There's so much to explore in Idaho, but where should you begin? Check out our weekly travel tips and start planning your next adventure.