Ponderosa State Park stretches over a peninsula that extends into the gorgeous Payette Lake near McCall. The park offers extensive hiking and biking trails, guided walks with park naturalists and evening campfire programs. Hiking difficulty varies, trails are well marked, and the area topography consists of sagebrush flats to dense forests. Wildlife in the park is plentiful, and you’ll have a chance to see Canadian geese, osprey, bald eagles, wood ducks, mallards, songbirds, deer, moose, beaver, muskrats and even bear.
Things To Know
- Guided walks available through Visitor Center.
- Every kind of overnight experience imaginable with a variety of standard and serviced campsites, or cabins for small or large groups.
- All campgrounds within Ponderosa State Park are closed for winter.
- The scenic overlook at Osprey Point offers a spectacular view of the lake.
- Nordic skiing and snowshoeing are available in the winter.
Adventure In Your Inbox
Want more Hiking & Backpacking adventures like this delivered straight to your inbox? Sign up below for new adventures monthly.