Redfish Lake to Alpine Lake is one of the more popular trails visitors choose to take when visiting Stanley. You’ll want to follow the Redfish Lake Inlet Trail to a fork named Flat Rock Junction. Once you reach this fork, you’ll begin to ascend to Alpine Lake – just be sure to follow the signs pointing you to the right. This trail climbs rapidly through a variety of switchbacks and gives you an excellent sweat-inducing workout until you reach your destination. Although you’ll be putting in some work on this steep hike, you’ll want to make sure you stop every once and awhile to check out the surrounding views.
Things To Know
- Moderate to strenuous hike.
- The trip begins with a boat ride across Redfish Lake to the Inlet Campground. Boat rides shuttle from Redfish Lodge.
- Self-administered wilderness permits are required and available at the trailhead.
- Campsite are available on the East and South shores of Alpine lake, as well as around Redfish Lake.
- Additional information here.
Adventure In Your Inbox
Want more Hiking & Backpacking adventures like this delivered straight to your inbox? Sign up below for new adventures monthly.