Things To Know
- The only access into the River of No Return is either via jet boat or float boat. Well, people backpack or horseback ride into the area as well. Float boats can go in only one direction -- downstream -- but powerful twin-engine jet boats can go either upstream or downstream at roughly the same speed.
- During May and September, when the weather is cooler, dress warmly or in layers. It is always cooler in the morning.
- During the warmer months, June through mid-September, the typical attire is a bathing suit, shorts, t-shirts and sports sandals.
- Bring along a bottle of water, a hat, sunglasses and sunscreen.
- Be prepared to get wet and dress according to your comfort level.
- Wear clothes that dry quickly and perhaps steer away from denim pants or shorts and leather footwear Life jackets are provided on outfitted trips.
- Life jackets are provided on outfitted trips.
Tips for Traveling in Idaho
There's so much to explore in Idaho, but where should you begin? Check out our weekly travel tips and start planning your next adventure.