With 10,600 acres of white quartz sand blown into 400 foot high dunes, this is the ultimate playground for off-road vehicle enthusiasts. Today the St. Anthony Sand Dunes are home to a Wilderness Study Area and one of the largest herds of wintering elk in the United States.
Things To Know
- Fees are assessed at Egin Lakes Campground.
- Most of the dunes are closed during the winter for wildlife migration.
- Check with the BLM for closure, fee, and camping information.
- Toilets, dump stations, and area information are available at Egin Lakes.
- Off-road vehicle rentals are available in nearby Saint Anthony.
Adventure In Your Inbox
Want more Natural Attractions adventures like this delivered straight to your inbox? Sign up below for new adventures monthly.