This area was impacted by the Pioneer Fire, check with the Boise National Forest for trail restrictions and closures. To view the full list click here.
Just 18 miles north of Idaho City off Highway 21, Whoop Um Up trail system boasts six miles of groomed beginner to intermediate trails for cross-country skiers and snowshoers to enjoy.
Things To Know
- Park N' Ski permits are required and available through Idaho Parks and Recreation.
- Ski un-groomed beginner and intermediate trails with distances up to 6 miles.
- Dogs are welcome.
- The parking area is shared with snowmobiles, so you may encounter snow machines as you gear up.
- Trails can be a bit rugged with a few steep and challenging downhill sections.
- Check the South Idaho Park N' Ski information on the Idaho Parks and Recreation website for more information and trail maps.
Adventure In Your Inbox
Want more Nordic Skiing/Snowshoeing adventures like this delivered straight to your inbox? Sign up below for new adventures monthly.