Things To Know
- The Main Payette is the proving grounds for many types of watercraft. The put-in at Banks, ideally situated at the confluence of the North and South forks of the Payette, is the hub of river running in the area. This Class III stretch is ideal for novices and intermediates. The drops are generally easy to negotiate, straightforward and the surfing can be excellent.
- During the warmer months, June through mid-September, the typical attire is a bathing suit, shorts, t-shirts and sports sandals.
- Bring along a bottle of water, a hat, sunglasses and sunscreen.
- Be prepared to get wet and dress according to your comfort level.
- Wear clothes that dry quickly and avoid denim pants or shorts and leather footwear.
- Life jackets are provided on outfitted trips.
Tips for Traveling in Idaho
There's so much to explore in Idaho, but where should you begin? Check out our weekly travel tips and start planning your next adventure.