The Main Payette River is a classic Idaho whitewater river with plenty of pool and drop rapids ranging from Class II to Class III. It is an ideal training ground for kayakers and the perfect stretch for families and first-time rafters. The rafting put-in location at Banks sits at the confluence of the Payette’s North Fork and South Fork and is a hub of activity during the rafting season.
Things To Know
- The Main Payette is the proving grounds for many types of watercraft. The put-in at Banks, ideally situated at the confluence of the North and South forks of the Payette, is the hub of river running in the area. This Class III stretch is ideal for novices and intermediates. The drops are generally easy to negotiate, straightforward and the surfing can be excellent.
- During the warmer months, June through mid-September, the typical attire is a bathing suit, shorts, t-shirts and sports sandals.
- Bring along a bottle of water, a hat, sunglasses and sunscreen.
- Be prepared to get wet and dress according to your comfort level.
- Wear clothes that dry quickly and avoid denim pants or shorts and leather footwear.
- Life jackets are provided on outfitted trips.
Adventure In Your Inbox
Want more Rafting & Kayaking adventures like this delivered straight to your inbox? Sign up below for new adventures monthly.