Because of its proximity to Boise, the South Fork of the Payette is one of the most popular runs in the state. The most significant rapid is Staircase, a big and turbulent but straightforward rapid. The South Fork has class III and IV rapids – perfect for anyone looking for an adrenaline rush.
Things To Know
- The South Fork of the Payette is an eight-mile section of rollicking class III-IV rapids. Boaters conquer rapids with names like Bronco Billy, Staircase, and Slalom.
- During the warmer months, June through mid-September, the typical attire is a bathing suit, shorts, t-shirts and sports sandals.
- Bring along a bottle of water, a hat, sunglasses and sunscreen.
- Be prepared to get wet and dress according to your comfort level.
- Wear clothes that dry quickly and avoid denim pants or shorts and leather footwear.
- Life jackets are provided on outfitted trips.
Adventure In Your Inbox
Want more Rafting/Kayaking adventures like this delivered straight to your inbox? Sign up below for new Adventures monthly.