WEEKEND TRIPSSip, Savor & Shop Food & Fun
Things To Know
- Length: 47 miles. Allow 1 1/2 hours for travel.
- Location: From exit 44 in Meridian, take Highway 69 south for 8 miles to East Avalon Avenue in Kuna. Turn south on Swan Falls Road and continue for 21 miles through the Morley Nelson Snake River Birds of Prey National Conservation Area to Swan Falls Dam.
- Roadway: Idaho 69 is a multi-lane paved road. Swan Falls Road to Swan Falls Dam is a paved two-lane road. The final mile is a steep grade from the Snake River Canyon rim to the dam. Ice patches may occur during winter weather.
- When to Visit: Throughout the year. Birds of prey migrate in and are active March to late June.
- Attractions: The Kuna Visitor Center, Silver Trail at Indian Creek, Pioneer Cemetery, Initial Point, Snake River Birds of Prey National Conservation Area, Dedication Point, Snake River Canyon Rim, Swan Falls Dam Historic Powerhouse and Museum, Celebration Park and Owyhee County Museum.
- Places to Stop: Full services in Kuna and Melba.
Adventure In Your Inbox
Want more Road Trips adventures like this delivered straight to your inbox? Sign up below for new adventures monthly.