In 2004, the Mayor proclaimed the city of Wallace, Idaho to be the center of the universe (because it can’t be proven otherwise). Today, a manhole cover represents the exact spot of the Center of the Universe, and it is celebrated yearly by the citizens of Wallace.
Things To Know
- The entire town of Wallace, Idaho is on the National Register of Historic Places.
- Wallace has the notable distinction of being officially declared the Center of the Universe.
- The 1997 movie Dante's Peak, starring Pierce Brosnan was filmed in Wallace.
- Two pristine mountains, Silver Mountain and Lookout Mountain are both within 10 miles of Wallace.
- Hundreds of miles of road and trail riding, including five nationally recognized trails (Trail of the Coeur d’ Alenes, Northern Pacific, Route of the Hiawatha, Milwaukee Scenic and Centennial Trail)
Adventure In Your Inbox
Want more Roadside Attractions adventures like this delivered straight to your inbox? Sign up below for new adventures monthly.