Enjoy traversing through hay meadows, rolling hills, mountains, and juniper woodlands on the Owyhee Uplands Back Country Byway. From sagebrush and wildflowers to wild rivers and picturesque mountains, many people believe this scenery is what the real West is all about.
Things To Know
- Location: The loop begins 80 miles southwest of Boise. It can be reached from the west through Jordan Valley, Oregon, and from the east, on Idaho 78 near Grand View, Idaho.
- Mostly one and one-half lanes of graveled road. Be aware of precipitation, which can make the road treacherously slick.
- Attractions include the North Fork gorge, Jordan Creek, and the Owyhee Mountains.
- Drive Time: 101 miles. From Boise, it is an all-day trip.
- Very limited services are available in Jordan Valley,Grandview, and Bruneau; no services along the byway. Plan ahead to ensure a safe and enjoyable trip (fill up on gas, pack water and food, etc.).
Adventure In Your Inbox
Want more Scenic/Back Country Byways adventures like this delivered straight to your inbox? Sign up below for new adventures monthly.