Things To Know
- Every snowmobile operated on private or public land must be registered with the Idaho Department of Parks and Recreation on or before November 1 of each year.
- Be diligent about where you ride--parts of the Stanley Basin and Sawtooth National Forest are closed to motorized vehicles.
- Cell reception may not be available--tell some where you plan to sled.
- Check avalanche conditions before you go.
- Services may be limited in Stanley due the popularity of the area for sledding; prepare accordingly.
- Dress for the conditions.
Tips for Traveling in Idaho
There's so much to explore in Idaho, but where should you begin? Check out our weekly travel tips and start planning your next adventure.