Things To Know
- Every snowmobile operated on private or public land must be registered with the Idaho Department of Parks and Recreation on or before November 1 of each year.
- Be diligent about where you ride--parts of the Stanley Basin and Sawtooth National Forest are closed to motorized vehicles.
- Consult the trail map before heading off the trail into the backcountry
- Cell reception may not be available.
- Services may be limited in Stanley due the popularity of the area for sledding; prepare accordingly.
- Dress for the conditions and have fun!
Tips for Traveling in Idaho
There's so much to explore in Idaho, but where should you begin? Check out our weekly travel tips and start planning your next adventure.