Bruneau Dunes State Park is home to the tallest freestanding sand dunes in North America, with the highest reaching 470 feet. Hike the surrounding trails, climb the dunes and rent a sandboard for quick trip down. Families enjoy camping, fishing in the small lake and watching the night sky at Idaho’s only public observatory located right in the park.
Things To Know
- The entrance fee to all of Idaho’s State Parks is $5.00 per car, with additional fees for camping.
- Check the Park's calendar for star parties and other guided activities.
- Reservations for stays (campsites, cabins, etc.) within Idaho's State Parks can be made toll-free by phone at: 1-888-922-6743 or online.
- Pets are welcome in most Idaho State Parks, but some parks prohibit them in some cabins and yurts and they are prohibited from beaches.
- Pets must be kept on a leash no longer than 6-feet or confined to a camper.
- Please don't pick the flowers! Wildlife and vegetation are protected in all Idaho State Parks.
- All Idaho State Parks are ADA friendly and support service and companion animals.
Adventure In Your Inbox
Want more State Parks adventures like this delivered straight to your inbox? Sign up below for new adventures monthly.