Who doesn’t love inspirational travel quotes? They capture brief moments of simplicity and highlight hidden truths about adventure and life. Fascinating travel quotes remind us that we are not alone in this world when we feel an overwhelming sense of joy at the sight of a snow-drenched mountain range or that perfect sunset.
For those of you who love to explore, you know exactly what we’re talking about. We’re all united by our passion for travel!
Without further adieu, here are some of our favorite travel quotes, paired with spectacular images from adventures throughout Idaho. We guarantee this list will inspire you to pack your bags and journey into the unknown.
1. “We travel not to escape life, but for life not to escape us.” – Anonymous
2. “Traveling – it leaves you speechless, then turns you into a storyteller.” – Ibn Battuta
3. “It feels good to be lost in the right direction.” – Anonymous
4. “Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore.” – Andre Gide
5. “We must take adventures in order to know where we truly belong.” – Anonymous
6. “The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page.” – Saint Augustine
7. “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do.” – Mark Twain
8. “People don’t take trips, trips take people.” – John Steinbeck
9. “Not all those who wander are lost.” – J.R.R. Tolkien
10. “Travel is the only thing you buy that makes you richer.” – Anonymous
11. “Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.” – John Muir
12. “I travel to be replenished with beauty, for travel makes the beauty of this world seem like a Christmas that never ends.” ― Carew Papritz
13. “Travel opens your mind as few other things do. It is its own form of hypnotism, and I am forever under its spell.” ― Libba Bray
14. “I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.” – Susan Sontag
15. “Though we travel the world over to find the beautiful, we must carry it with us, or we find it not.” ― Ralph Waldo Emerson
16. “See the world. It’s more fantastic than any dream.” ― Ray Bradbury
17. “We live in a wonderful world that is full of beauty, charm and adventure. There is no end to the adventures we can have if only we seek them with our eyes open.” ― Jawaharlal Nehru
18. “Travel moulds a man, people mould his wisdom, and experiences mould his life.” – Suljit Lalwani
19. “A wise man travels to discover himself.”― James Russell Lowell
20. “It is good to have an end to journey toward; but it is the journey that matters, in the end.” ― Ernest Hemingway
Feeling inspired yet? For more breathtaking #Idaho photos head on over to #VisitIdaho’s Instagram and follow us for daily adventures, pictures, and inspiration.
Published on March 4, 2016