Surrounded by wilderness, this stretch of the Salmon River is the core of a 3.3 million acre roadless area. Explore your family’s wild side in this breathtaking and inspiring scenic wonderland. For boaters, this river offers the perfect combination of 70-degree water, awe-inspiring western scenery, gigantic white sand beaches and idyllic camping conditions. In the fall and spring, Salmon River jet boat outfitters offer steelhead fishing trips within the wilderness section where there are fewer anglers.
Things To Know
- Jet boat outfitters offer half-day and full-day trips on Idaho's Lower Salmon River, normally from Whitebird downstream into the Lower Salmon "Gorge," which features four distinct geologic canyons and many huge natural white-sand beaches.
- During May and September, when the weather is cooler, dress warmly or in layers. It is always cooler in the morning.
- During the warmer months, June through mid-September, the typical attire is a bathing suit, shorts, t-shirts and sports sandals.
- Bring along a bottle of water, a hat, sunglasses and sunscreen.
- Be prepared to get wet and dress according to your comfort level.
- Wear clothes that dry quickly and perhaps steer away from denim pants or shorts and leather footwear Life jackets are provided on outfitted trips.
- Life jackets are provided on outfitted trips.
Adventure In Your Inbox
Want more Jet Boating adventures like this delivered straight to your inbox? Sign up below for new adventures monthly.