Hells Canyon offers everyone plenty to do, include jet boat tours, fishing, hiking, camping, rafting, and kayaking. Many of these activities rely on the mighty Snake River, whose powerful flow cut through the rock to create Hells Canyon. The Snake River is renowned for big waves and powerful whitewater rapids, making a jet boat trip a thrill for all ages.
Things To Know
- Hells Canyon can be accessed from the communities of Lewiston, White Bird and Council.
- Hells Canyon can most conveniently be reached via a guided jet boat tour or raft trip. Many of the jet boat tour companies offer daily guided adventures into Hells Canyon.
- During May and September, when the weather is cooler, dress warmly or in layers. It is always cooler in the morning. However, temperatures are typically warmer in the canyon than in town.
- During the warmer months, June through mid-September, the typical attire is a bathing suit, shorts, t-shirts and sports sandals.
- Bring along a bottle of water, a hat, sunglasses and sunscreen.
- You might get wet, so dress in clothes that dry quickly or in layers. If temperatures are cooler, avoid cotton and denim pants and shorts.
- Life jackets are provided on outfitted trips.
Adventure In Your Inbox
Want more Jet Boating adventures like this delivered straight to your inbox? Sign up below for new adventures monthly.