Together with the adjacent wilderness, this portion of the Salmon River is the core of a 2.3 million acre roadless area, the Frank Church Wilderness River of No Return. It is the definition of ‘getting away from it all’. As part of the largest roadless area in the lower 48 states, families can explore their wild side in this breathtaking and inspiring scenic wonderland.
Things To Know
- The Lower Salmon Canyon is an Idaho secret, with pure white beaches, long sunny days, and warm swimming water. Roller coaster rapids, Native American pictographs, ancient Chinese miner rock cabins, spectacular canyonlands, and great fishing add to the experience.
- During the warmer months, June through mid-September, the typical attire is a bathing suit, shorts, t-shirts and sports sandals.
- Bring along a bottle of water, a hat, sunglasses and sunscreen.
- Be prepared to get wet and dress according to your comfort level.
- Wear clothes that dry quickly and avoid denim pants or shorts and leather footwear.
- Life jackets are provided on outfitted trips.
Adventure In Your Inbox
Want more Rafting/Kayaking adventures like this delivered straight to your inbox? Sign up below for new adventures monthly.