The Main Salmon River moves east to west through the heart of Idaho in the 2.3 million-acre Frank Church Wilderness River of No Return Wilderness Area. The Main Salmon is often considered the perfect river trip for families, with beautiful scenery, exciting rapids, wide, sandy beaches and plenty of places to swim and explore along the river. This multi-day trip covers 80 amazing miles.
Things To Know
- The Main is a big river with exceptional flows all summer. The water is warmer than most mountain rivers and there are plenty of rapids of varying difficulty from splashy Class II runs to adrenaline pumping Class III drops.
- During the warmer months, June through mid-September, the typical attire is a bathing suit, shorts, t-shirts and sports sandals.
- Bring along a bottle of water, a hat, sunglasses and sunscreen.
- Be prepared to get wet and dress according to your comfort level.
- Wear clothes that dry quickly and avoid denim pants or shorts and leather footwear.
- Life jackets are provided on outfitted trips.
Adventure In Your Inbox
Want more Rafting/Kayaking adventures like this delivered straight to your inbox? Sign up below for new adventures monthly.