The natural beauty, challenging rapids, and pristine solitude make the Selway River one of the highest quality whitewater rivers in the nation. The Selway flows from its headwaters in the Bitterroot Range of the Rocky Mountains to the Lochsa River near Lowell and is about 100 miles in length. The Selway is a perfect river for expert boaters and rafters seeking a technical challenge.
Things To Know
- The Selway River is unique due to its pristine nature and the focus on solitude as a primary feature of the river running experience. Only a small group of people are allowed to launch on the river each day during the short season from late May to early August.
- During the warmer months, June through mid-September, the typical attire is a bathing suit, shorts, t-shirts and sports sandals.
- Bring along a bottle of water, a hat, sunglasses and sunscreen.
- Be prepared to get wet and dress according to your comfort level.
- Wear clothes that dry quickly and avoid denim pants or shorts and leather footwear.
- Life jackets are provided on outfitted trips.
Adventure In Your Inbox
Want more Rafting & Kayaking adventures like this delivered straight to your inbox? Sign up below for new adventures monthly.