Things To Know
- Location: The byway begins in Orofino at Idaho 7 and the junction of Wells Bench Road, crosses the North Fork of the Clearwater at Dent Bridge, then to Elk River where it joins Idaho 8 to Boville.
- Summer attractions include camping, boating, and fishing. Winter provides 300 miles of snowmobiling trails and 20 miles of groomed trails for skiing along the byway.
- Attractions include the Dent Bridge, Mill Pond, and Elk Creek Falls.
- Drive Time: 57 miles. Allow 2 hours one way.
- Forest lands along the byway are open to unimproved camping, so visitors can chose their site. Remember to "Pack it in, Pack it out".
- Plan ahead to ensure a safe and enjoyable trip (fill up on gas, pack water and food, etc.).
Tips for Traveling in Idaho
There's so much to explore in Idaho, but where should you begin? Check out our weekly travel tips and start planning your next adventure.