Comprising the southern leg of the International Selkirk Loop, the Panhandle Historic Rivers Passage begins at the Washington state line and follows the northern shore of the Pend Oreille River through Oldtown, Priest River, and ends in Sandpoint. Enjoy driving along miles of soothing river scenery that reflects the pastoral beauty of surrounding forests and farms.
Things To Know
- Location: Begins at the Washington state line and follows U.S. 2 to Sandpoint.
- Attractions include the Pend Oreille and Priest Rivers, Priest River Wildlife Area, and Albeni Falls Dam Visitor Center.
- Drive Time: 28.5 miles. Allow 40 minutes.
- Eagle watching is great during winter months, while osprey are active in the summer.
- Other winter activities include ice fishing when cold enough and downhill skiing at Schweitzer.
- Plan ahead to ensure a safe and enjoyable trip (fill up on gas, pack water and food, etc.).
Adventure In Your Inbox
Want more Road Trips adventures like this delivered straight to your inbox? Sign up below for new adventures monthly.