Thousand Springs Scenic Byway provides a glimpse into the remarkable geology and history of the breathtaking Snake River Canyon.
Things To Know
- Location: Begins at Interstate 84 near Bliss and follows U.S. 30 southeast through Twin Falls to Idaho 50, and then north on Idaho 50 to I-84. Also, U.S. 93 from Twin Falls north I-84
- When to Visit: Throughout the year. The best time to see Shoshone Falls is in early spring.
- Special Attractions: Thousand Springs State Park; Hagerman Fossil Beds National Monument; the Faulkner Planetarium; the Centennial Observatory; Perrine Bridge; Shoshone Falls, Snake River Canyon Trails, historic downtown Twin Falls; Buhl Arts Council at The Eighth Street Center; museums; hot springs; and fish, waterfowl; and bird viewing.
- Length: 67.8 miles. Allow 1.5 hours.
- Roadway: U.S. 30 and Idaho 50 are two-lane, paved roads with some passing lanes.
- Plan ahead to ensure a safe and enjoyable trip (fill up on gas, pack water and food, etc.).
- Full services available in Bliss, Hagerman, Buhl, Kimberly, and Twin Falls; partial services in Filer.
Adventure In Your Inbox
Want more Road Trips adventures like this delivered straight to your inbox? Sign up below for new adventures monthly.