The Ponderosa Pine Scenic Byway winds through the Boise National Forest, passing through dense forests of pine, across high mountain valleys, and along portions of the Boise River, Lucky Peak Lake, and the South Fork of the Payette River.
Things To Know
- Location: From Boise on Idaho 21 northeast to the junction of Idaho 75 at Stanley.
- Attractions include Lucky Peak and Arrow Rock Reservoirs; Lucky Peak State Park; Idaho City; Sawtooth Wilderness; Granite Creek Interpretive Trail; Lowman Fire Interpretive Signs; Kirkham Hot Springs; Stanley Lake; Boise, Salmon- Challis and Sawtooth National Forests; Forest Service/BLM Visitor Information Center in Boise, and the Idaho City, Lowman, and Stanley Ranger Stations.
- Drive Time: 130.9 miles. Allow 3 hours.
- Full services in Boise and Idaho City. Limited services in Lowman and Stanley.
- Plan ahead to ensure a safe and enjoyable trip (fill up on gas, pack water and food, etc.).
Adventure In Your Inbox
Want more Scenic/Back Country Byways adventures like this delivered straight to your inbox? Sign up below for new adventures monthly.