Having the distinction of being the 100th National Forest Scenic Byway, Sawtooth Scenic Byway rolls north through fertile agricultural land then on through the resort towns of Hailey, Ketchum, and Sun Valley.
Things To Know
- Location: Idaho 75 north to Stanley from Shoshone.
- Special Attractions: Sawtooth National Recreation Area; Redfish Lake; Sun Valley Resort; and Central Idaho Dark Sky Reserve.
- Length: 115.7 miles. Allow three hours.
- Roadway: Two-lane, paved road with some passing lanes. The 15-mile section over Galena Summit is winding, with 5 to 6 percent grades.
- When to Visit: Throughout the year.
- Full services available in Hailey and Ketchum; partial services in Shoshone and Stanley. Plan ahead to ensure a safe and enjoyable trip (fill up on gas, pack water and food, etc.).
Adventure In Your Inbox
Want more Scenic/Backcountry Byways adventures like this delivered straight to your inbox? Sign up below for new adventures monthly.