Thousand Springs Scenic Byway provides a glimpse into the remarkable geology and history of the breathtaking Snake River Canyon.
Things To Know
- Location: Begins at Interstate 84 near Bliss and follows US 30 southeast through Twin Falls to Idaho 50, then north on Idaho 50 to I-84. Also US 93 from Twin Falls north to I-84.
- The best time to see Shoshone Falls is in early spring.
- Attractions include Thousand Springs State Park Complex–a series of five parks; Hagerman Valley; the Snake River; Hagerman Fossil Beds National Monument; Thousand Springs; Herrett Center Planetarium, Museum & Observatory in Twin Falls; Perrine Bridge & Canyon Rim Trail System; Shoshone Falls; and historic downtown Twin Falls.
- Drive Time: 67.8 miles. Allow 1.5 hours.
- Plan ahead to ensure a safe and enjoyable trip (fill up on gas, pack water and food, etc.).
- Full services available in Bliss, Hagerman, Buhl, Kimberly, and Twin Falls; partial services in Filer.
Adventure In Your Inbox
Want more Scenic/Back Country Byways adventures like this delivered straight to your inbox? Sign up below for new Adventures monthly.