Come April, Idaho’s beer industry shakes off the chills of winter and gears up for another round of delicious brews by celebrating Idaho Craft Beer Month.
This annual celebration is a launchpad for Idaho brewery discovery and acknowledges all the partners — from growers and brewers to retailers — that contribute to Idaho’s thriving craft beer industry. Whether you’re new to Idaho beer or simply looking for something fun and different to do throughout April, here’s everything you need to know to celebrate Idaho Craft Beer Month.
1. Why Idaho Beer?
You may have heard the phrase “no barley, no beer,” and Idaho takes that statement seriously. Overflowing with malted barley grains and aromatic hops, Idaho’s fertile soil and temperate climate provide ideal conditions for growing the key ingredients for beer. For several years running, Idaho has ranked first in the U.S. for barley production and second in hop production. Cheers to that!
2. Where to Find Your Next Idaho Beer
You won’t have a problem finding a place to raise a pint in Idaho. With over 70 operating breweries throughout the state, Idaho consistently ranks tenth in breweries per capita. Not sure where to start or looking for something new? Explore all your drinkable options on the Idaho Brewer’s Trail Map.
3. How to Experience Idaho Craft Beer Month
There’s no one way to celebrate Idaho Craft Beer Month. Idaho’s brewers are pulling together unique events to maximize the experience:
- Expand your palate with a new or trusted brewery at a beer tasting or tap takeover.
- Rethink how you drink with a sampling of different beer styles at a brewer’s dinner, like a Basque-themed dinner with Edge Brewing and The Front Door.
- Catch the limited release of a specialty brew made just for Idaho Craft Beer Month, like the new collaboration brew from Payette Brewing Co. and MickDuff’s Brewing Company’s, Fuzzy Memories Apricot Milkshake IPA.
- Visit a local retailer, like Albertsons or the Moscow Food Co-op, to pick up a six-pack of a new-to-you Idaho brew.
4. Cheers to Another Great Month of Beer
This year, Idaho Craft Beer Month is closing out the celebration by bringing together more than 20 breweries from across the state along with friends in the cider, wine and food industries. The inaugural Beer+Friends Fest will be held from 12:00 p.m to 8:00 p.m. on Saturday, April 27, at Mother Earth Brewing Company in Nampa, Idaho. Your ticket gets you a tasting cup and tasting tokens to sample your way through some of the best beer, cider and wine in Idaho. Sip your samples to a beat with live music from The Pan Handles and High Pine Whiskey Yell.
For more events and beer-infused itineraries, visit www.idahocraftbeermonth.com.
Please drink responsibly.
Published on April 18, 2019