With a new year comes resolutions, and one item sure to be high on everybody’s list in 2021 is travel; and when it comes to planning an Idaho adventure, there’s no better source for inspiration and itinerary-building than the 2021 Official Idaho Travel Guide.
To kickstart your planning and to celebrate the launch of the fresh-off-the-press Official Idaho Travel Guide, we’re putting together a three-day virtual scavenger hunt, January 12-14, where participants will compete online daily for a chance to receive an Idaho Adventure Pack.
How to Join the Hunt
- Be sure you’re following Visit Idaho on Facebook or Instagram so you’re able to see the two daily clues beginning on Tuesday, Jan. 12. You’re welcome to participate through either social media site, but you must choose one.
- Each day of the scavenger hunt, Tuesday, Jan. 12 through Thursday, Jan. 14, a clue will be posted on both Facebook and Instagram at the following times (for a total of two clues each day):
- 8:15 a.m. MST
- 1:15 p.m. MST
You’ll find the answers to these clues by searching the Visit Idaho website. Answers will be found in one of the following sections:
- Things to Do
- Travel Tips
- The digital version of the 2021 Official Idaho Travel Guide
You’ll know you’ve uncovered the location of the answer when you see this symbol:
- Once you’ve located the answer to the clue, simply snap a screenshot of the page WITH the icon on it and email it, along with your full name, social media handle, and phone number, to one of the following addresses based on where you saw the clue:
*Entries submitted without contact information will not be eligible to receive an adventure pack.
One recipient from each platform will be randomly selected each day for a total of two winners per day.
Did Somebody Say Extra Credit?
Want to up your chances of winning by earning bonus entries? Just do one or both of the following (each item below is considered an additional entry):
- Subscribe to Visit Idaho’s newsletter. You’ll find the signup on Visitidaho.org.
- Tag two friends in a comment on the daily Visit Idaho Scavenger Hunt Facebook or Instagram clue post.
When we receive your entry, you’ll be entered into a drawing to receive that day’s exclusive Idaho Adventure Pack, which includes a printed copy of the 2021 Official Idaho Travel Guide along with an assortment of awesome outdoor-related gear and goodies from some Idaho outdoor-recreation companies. Each daily adventure pack is unique, so be sure to check the Visit Idaho Facebook and Instagram pages each day to see what’s included. Check out these Tested in Idaho companies that are donating items for the adventure packs: AIRE, Buck Knives, Eberlestock, Kryptek, Liquid Hardware, Lone Cone, Paddle Idaho, Peet Dryer, Proof Eyewear, Tenkara Rod Co., USATuff, and Waterworks Lamson.
Please note: All entries must be submitted by 5 p.m. MST each day. Winners will be announced on Facebook and Instagram within 24 hours of the daily submission closure.
We hope you’re as excited as we are for the scavenger hunt and we can’t wait to see your entries hitting our inbox. If you have any questions, please contact us using the scavenger hunt email associated with the platform you’re utilizing. Please include “scavenger hunt question” in the subject line.
Click here to read Official Rules and Terms and Conditions.
*Idaho Adventure Packs cannot be returned or exchanged. Participants must be 18 to win.
*Submissions must not include material that is: a) sexually explicit, indecent, obscene, violent, hateful, tortuous, or defamatory; b) derogatory or promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on protected class information; c) a violation of privacy or publicity rights; d) unlawful; e) harmful to other users of the Sweepstakes app, such as viruses, Trojan horses, or other technologies that could adversely impact the Sweepstakes; and/or f) disparaging to Sponsor or Administrator or is inconsistent with the positive images and/or goodwill to which Sponsor and Administrator wish to associate (at Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion).
Published on January 7, 2021