Rich in scenery, history, and wildlife, the Gold Rush Historic Byway follows Idaho Highway 11 with an easy climb up the Greer Grade while providing a breathtaking, panoramic view of the Clearwater Valley. Also along this byway you’ll find the town of Pierce, where early pioneers discovered gold in Idaho for the first time.
Things To Know
- Location: The byway begins at the junction of U.S. 12 and Idaho 11 on the Clearwater River at Greer.
- Summer attractions include camping, fishing, riding, and hiking. Winter options include skiing and snowmobiling on 350 miles of groomed and open trails.
- Attractions include the Lewis and Clark historical sites, Weippe Discovery Center, Bald Ski Mountain Area, and the Clearwater National Forest.
- Drive Time: 42.5 miles. Allow 2.5 hours round trip.
- This byway can be icy during the winter months.
Adventure In Your Inbox
Want more Road Trips adventures like this delivered straight to your inbox? Sign up below for new adventures monthly.