Starting west of Boise, the Payette River Scenic Byway heads north on Idaho 55 passing the Payette River and the Boise and Payette National Forests. Other great stops along this drive include Cascade Reservoir, Smiths Ferry, Roseberry (one mile east of the byway on Roseberry Road at Donnelly), the city of McCall, and Ponderosa State Park.
Things To Know
- Length: 111.7 miles. Allow 2 hours, 15 minutes.
- Location: From Boise, head north on Idaho Highway 55 to the junction of U.S. Highway 95 in New Meadows
- Roadway: Narrow, winding, two-lane paved road with occasional passing lanes and slow vehicle turnouts.
- When to Visit: Throughout the year.
- Attractions: The Payette River, the Boise and Payette National Forests, Lake Cascade State Park, Smiths Ferry, Roseberry (one mile east of the byway on Roseberry Road at Donnelly), McCall and Ponderosa State Park.
- Places to Stop: Full services in Boise, Horseshoe Bend, Cascade, Donnelly, McCall and New Meadows
Adventure In Your Inbox
Want more Road Trips adventures like this delivered straight to your inbox? Sign up below for new adventures monthly.