Things To Know
- Location: Begins at U.S. 95 north of Sandpoint and follows Idaho 200 to the Montana state line.
- Length: 33.4 miles. Allow 11/2 hours to enjoy the scenery and interpretive information.
- Roadway: Two-lane paved road with numerous scenic turnouts. If driving during winter, be prepared for winter road conditions including ice and snow.
- When to Visit: Throughout the year. Winter scenes can be magnificent. Spring and fall colors are dramatic.
- Attractions: Lake Pend Oreille, Clark Fork River and Schweitzer Mountain Resort.
- Places to Stop: Full services in Clark Fork, Ponderay and Sandpoint; partial services in Hope.
- Plan ahead to ensure a safe and enjoyable trip (fill up on gas, pack water and food, etc.).
Adventure Photo Credit: The Idaho Club