Things To Know
- Location: Begins at U.S. 95 north of Sandpoint and follows Idaho 200 to the Montana state line.
- Length: 33.4 miles. Allow 11/2 hours to enjoy the scenery and interpretive information.
- Roadway: Two-lane paved road with numerous scenic turnouts. If driving during winter, be prepared for winter road conditions including ice and snow.
- When to Visit: Throughout the year. Winter scenes can be magnificent. Spring and fall colors are dramatic.
- Attractions: Lake Pend Oreille, Clark Fork River and Schweitzer Mountain Resort.
- Places to Stop: Full services in Clark Fork, Ponderay and Sandpoint; partial services in Hope.
- Plan ahead to ensure a safe and enjoyable trip (fill up on gas, pack water and food, etc.).
Adventure Photo Credit: The Idaho Club
Tips for Traveling in Idaho
There's so much to explore in Idaho, but where should you begin? Check out our weekly travel tips and start planning your next adventure.