Rich in scenery, history, and wildlife, the Gold Rush Historic Byway follows Idaho Highway 11 with an easy climb up the Greer Grade while providing a breathtaking, panoramic view of the Clearwater Valley. Also along this byway you’ll find the town of Pierce, where early pioneers discovered gold in Idaho for the first time.
Things To Know
- Location: The byway begins at the junction of U.S. 12 and Idaho 11 on the Clearwater River at Greer.
- Summer attractions include camping, fishing, riding, and hiking. Winter options include skiing and snowmobiling on 350 miles of groomed and open trails.
- Attractions include the Lewis and Clark historical sites, Weippe Discovery Center, Bald Ski Mountain Area, and the Clearwater National Forest.
- Drive Time: 42.5 miles. Allow 2.5 hours round trip.
- This byway can be icy during the winter months.
Adventure In Your Inbox
Want more Scenic/Backcountry Byways adventures like this delivered straight to your inbox? Sign up below for new adventures monthly.