The Lost Gold Trails Loop heads south through desert-lava rolling hill terrain. The byway follows along the route of an early-day gold trail that eventually lead adventurers to Montana. Enjoy spotting wild game grazing along this route during the spring and fall months.
Things To Know
- Location: Begins on A-2/Red Road Junction at the “Y” Junction, east of Dubois, routing to Old Highway 91 north of Dubois, to Spencer. Then east on Spencer/Idmon road connecting to Idmon/A-2 Junction and the Fort Henry Historic Byway. Continue north toward Kilgore and east to Island Park, or if you choose, turn south and return to the "Y" Junction.
- Attractions include Heritage Hall Museum, Beaver Canyon, and Nez Perce Trail.
- Drive Time: 47.8 miles. Allow 1.5 hours.
- In winter closed roads (A-2 and Spencer/Idmon Road) become snowmobile trails.
- Plan ahead to ensure a safe and enjoyable trip (fill up on gas, pack water and food, etc.).
Adventure In Your Inbox
Want more Scenic/Back Country Byways adventures like this delivered straight to your inbox? Sign up below for new adventures monthly.