The time has finally come to dust off the calendar that’s been hanging on your fridge and start planning your iconic summer vacation. But where do you begin? With over 2,000 lakes throughout the state, more than 3,100 navigable miles of whitewater (the most in the lower 48 states), and two of the deepest canyons in the United States, Idaho makes it nearly impossible to nail down exactly where you want to go. But no need to fear, we narrowed it down for you using our most iconic Instagram locations. Here are 15 Insta-adored spots in Idaho you simply have to visit.
1. Paddle Board at Redfish Lake
2. Take a Scenic Drive Through the Teton Valley
3. Visit Mesa Falls
4. Zipline Across the Snake River Canyon
5. Take a Hike in the Sawtooth National Recreation Area
6. Soak at Pine Flats Hot Springs
7. Kayak along the North Shores of Payette Lake
8. Hike to Fall Creek Falls
9. Jet Boat in Hells Canyon
10. Take a Selfie Next to a 212-Foot-Tall Waterfall
11. Jump on a Water-Trampoline at Bear Lake State Park
12. Hike Behind Perrine Coulee Falls
13. Ride the Route of the Hiawatha
14. Golf the Famous ‘Floating Green’ at the Coeur d’Alene Resort
15. Go Rafting on the Lower Salmon River
Don’t let time get away from you – start the year ahead and #PlanForVacation today. Tag your vacation adventures using #VisitIdaho and follow us on Instagram for more iconic Idaho adventures, stories from other Idaho explorers, and Travel Tips for every type of vacation.
Idaho is full of adventures, we ask that when you visit that you act as a good steward of the land and practice responsible recreation.
Published on January 29, 2019